This is an exciting opportunity, working within a well established care provider to gain lots of knowledge and skills in Adult Care and work as part of a dedicated care team. To apply please click here.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Physical care of service users
- Social duties including talking and listening to service users
- Attending personal needs of service users
- Helping to create a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Contribute to discussions
- Administer medication
- Undertake work on ad-hoc basis
- Attend training and attend staff meetings
- Be aware of emergency procedures
- Care for personal belongings, tidying bedrooms, emptying commodes, washing, cleaning and laundering personal property
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) desirable.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right applicant this role is likely to lead into full time employment and staff members are encouraged to develop their training further with an advanced apprenticeship on completion of the intermediate apprenticeship.
What will the apprentice get at the end?
A certificate of completion of the level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard.
A level 2 diploma in adult care.
About the employer
New Dawn Care Agency Ltd has been in operation since 2009. Founded by the late George Bowness and Kim Pilkington, to provide a range of care services, aimed at maintaining independence, dignity and respect for people in their own homes. Through reliable, quality services, they have become one of the most respected home/domiciliary care providers in their area. New Dawn Care Agency Ltd cover Church Stretton, Craven Arms and neighbouring villages up to 6 miles from both town centres; delivering bespoke care packages at competitive rates.
Address – New Dawn Care Agency Ltd, The Old Shippon, Onbury, Craven Arms, SY7 9AW
Link to apply
Please contact County Training for further information.