Herefordshire Care Homes has 6 homes across Herefordshire 5 out of the 6 are rated “Outstanding” by CQC. Our homes are set in beautiful surroundings throughout Herefordshire where we look after old people who require Residential Care ,Dementia and Specialist Nursing Care. We are a local company owned by Karen Rogers who has a back ground in Health and Social Care.
We are looking for some apprentices to come and work along side our highly experienced award winning chefs, with this role students will gain a wealth of experience in fine dining, specialist diets and nutrition.
- To support the head chef in the running of the kitchen ensuring all Herefordshire Care Homes standards are maintained.
- HACCP and SFBB documents are completed.
- To assist in the preparation and serving of meals.
- To order all food consumables in the absence of the head chef.
- To ensure all colleagues adhere to HACCP and all documentation is completed and signed by the appropriate members of the kitchen team and those colleagues involved in the meal time service.
- To assist in the preparation of menus for the home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values.
- To consult with the head chef and manager on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare resident specific diets including textured modified foods as directed by the nursing teams.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
- To assist with preparing for fine dining evenings and special events.
- To attend staff meetings.
- Some catering experience would be an advantage
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Keen to learn
- Have an understanding of older people
- Kind and cheerful nature
- NVQ Level 2 or 3
- A full time post will be available to the right applicant. We can offer the candidate additional training on nutrition, hydration and further experience in fine dining with our award winning chefs.
- Most of our homes are rural except for Coldwells House (based in Holmer). Most homes require you to be able to drive. Alternative weekend work will be required.