Brightwells is a long established firm of auctioneers and valuers, who have been in business for 177 years, since 1846. They specialise in auctions of Vehicles, Classic Cars, Wine and Plant Machinery. They auction £70 Million of goods on behalf of sellers across the UK to buyers worldwide.
- Answering the phone and meeting/greeting customers on site
- Redirecting customer queries
- Operating the in house stock management system (accounting for sale items as they are delivered or “pre-entered” and accounting for items as they are collected from site)
- Assisting administration staff with day to day duties
- Accounting for keys to machines which are held securely in the offices
- Computer literate
- Effective multitasker
- Good time management
Desired personal qualities:
- Professional mannerism
- Confident speaking with customers
- Willing to help
- GCSE grades 4 or above in English and maths or Functional Skills at Level 2
- A full time position will become available for the right candidate upon successful completion of their apprenticeship
You will be working in a busy office and there will be potentially high stress times when the “front of house” office area is very busy. The candidate must be able to maintain composure when dealing with all types of customer. Although predominantly an office based, seated role the candidate will be expected to serve customers at a counter and answer the phone regularly. Little to no weekend work would be required, at most one Saturday a month.
Brightwells is in a rural location however there is public transport on the 449 Bus – Hereford – Kingstone – Madley. Buses exist to Madley and Kingstone, but the site is a mile away from both bus stops. A company minibus can take the apprentice to Madley at the end of the day.
For more information about the role or to apply, please contact Tony on Tony.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01568 619700.