We have a fantastic opportunity for a Chef Apprentice to join allpay’s catering team. The role is based at the Hereford Head Office and you will join a friendly, professional and dedicated team, who pride themselves on delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- You will be learning about all aspects of working in a busy kitchen and will be supporting the Sous Chef and the Head Chef in the preparation of food and beverages across the allpay catering facilities.
- Under the supervision of the Sous and Head Chefs, you will learn to produce high quality cakes, biscuits, and patisserie for sale throughout the week and for our special Friday afternoon cake and beverage offer.
- Working closely with your team, you will learn to prepare a range of hot meals and options for the flagship restaurant. You will be preparing snacks, takeaway, and sandwiches.
- You will learn how to develop a menu, you’ll learn about food hygiene, health and safety standards and help maintain the highest quality. You will also learn and assist with stock monitoring, ordering and storage, as well as catering waste management.
- You’ll ensure the food in the main restaurant goes out at the right temperature, with the right presentation and the right proportions, working in cafeteria as required and prepare food as requested.
- To be successful in this role, a friendly and approachable attitude will be essential.
- You will enjoy working with people and learning about food. You will have an interest in catering and hospitality and will be keen to learn and develop within the industry.
- You’ll have an excellent work ethic, work well as part of a team, and have high attention to detail.
- People are at the heart of allpay, and they reward their employees with a competitive benefits package which includes a defined contribution group pension scheme, income protection, an array of health and wellbeing options including private healthcare cover and an onsite gym. This is coupled with their excellent Learning and Development offering.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 2 and above or Functional Skills level 1.
- If you do not have GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 or above or Functional Skills level 2, you will be entered in for a short training course including exam during your Apprenticeship with us, this is a mandatory part of the Apprenticeship training.
- City and Guilds training as Production Chef Level 2. You will take a practical End Point Assessment exam at the end of your practical training. Once passed you will obtain your Production Chef Level 2 Certificate from the Institute for Apprenticeships. More information about the qualification can be found on the link below.
To apply please complete the online application on allpay’s website:
Or contact Sophie Roberts, Hospitality and Catering Assessor:
Mobile – 07790 929 727
email – email@example.com
Immediate start available