Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT and the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we’d want for our family and friends.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
- The role is critical in providing essential, professional and comprehensive support to the board of directors and other healthcare professionals and includes production of letters, reports, data entry, preparation of legal bundles, dealing with telephone calls and visitors and room bookings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and politely, including with senior staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Previous NHS or healthcare experience
- Previous secretarial experience
- GCSE in English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
If you have any questions about the role or to apply, please contact Erica Hermon on Erica.email@example.com