Topics you will cover include:
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Business and the Business Environment
- Managing a Successful Project
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Nutrition
- Ecological Principles
- Animal Nursing
- Biological Principles
- Research Project
- Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Wildlife Conservation
- Work Experience
- Evolution and Adaptations
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Animal Management Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Animal Management
You must be 18+ years of age and ideally have;
- A full level 3 qualification in any subject at Merit (96 UCAS Points) or above OR 3 A levels at C or above with GCSE English and Maths at 4 (or grade C) and a Science. Or Mature students will be accepted on an individual basis who can demonstrate a strong interest in the subject and the ability to complete the course.
Progression routes shown are dependent on the successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
Study options may include:
- Top up Level 6 (Bachelor of Science Degree in a range of animal or conservation based subjects)
Employment options may include:
- Conservation practitioner
- Animal nutritionist
- Animal Physiotherapist
- Animal scientific or behaviour researcher
- Manager for animal charities and global organisations
Please note that any costs shown here are subject to change and that there may be additional material costs for your course.
There are various bursaries available to support eligible students with course-related costs
Aged 18 + years
£5,950 – All fees are subject to change; please check with the relevant provider
The Additional Cost, payable to the College is: £220. You will be asked to pay this or to put arrangements in place to pay this, at enrolment.
Additional Costs are incurred to support teaching, learning and assessment resources. This includes the use of specialist and/or industry-standard equipment, visits, learning materials and course resources. There are other costs you may need to factor in. You will need to purchase sufficient stationery. Courses that include work placements or work experience may incur travelling costs.
We also offer students opportunities to participate in a range of optional activities and visits outside of their course. These would be charged for separately and usually run subject to demand.