This is a great opportunity for those who want to have a go at the traditional craft of blacksmithing. Group sizes in the workshop are kept small to ensure a quality experience in a supported environment. You are able to work at your own pace and develop your blacksmithing techniques using the forge, anvil, hammer and tongs. This day is aimed at complete beginners to those who want to gain additional experience in the forge.
Candidates progress at their own pace and can progress onto the Introduction to Blacksmithing course and continue to develop their skills. Once the Introduction to Blacksmithing course has been completed candidates can progress onto one of the Intermediate Blacksmithing courses available. On completing this one day workshop, candidates will be awarded a college certificate of attendance.
Equipment and clothing
- Clothing needs to be fire resistant e.g. heavy cotton, not polyester. We recommend long sleeved shirt and trousers (jeans or work trousers preferred) that are wide and long enough to cover boot tops
- Steel toe capped / work boots
- Ear defenders or ear plugs (recommended)
- Overalls or leather apron (optional)
- Safety glasses
- Long hair must be tied up or under a hat
- If you have tools, please bring them or they can be borrowed
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday 18th March 2023
- Saturday 17th June 2023
Course costs: £130.00
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received sufficient applications, we will request payment of the course fee. Receipt of your payment books your place on the course.
Contact: Telephone – 0800 032 1986 Email: email@example.com