As news about coronavirus continues to dominate the headlines and remains a public concern, it is important to look after mental health, as well as physical health. This has never been a more challenging time for those who have been out of work for some time and need extra support to prepare to enter a competitive job market job market during these uncertain times. North Shropshire College has prepared a course focused on building resilience and helping motivate individuals to take responsibility for their lives and future world of work; to learn strategies for dealing with difficult situations. This is an important first step to being ready for the next step of and entering the job market.
By the end of the course, you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Identify those positive qualities that you have that make you an important member of the community
- Understanding the importance of positive relationships who will encourage and support you
- Learn strategies to manage emotions and difficult times particularly when looking for work
- Understand why learning is important and find interests that will keep you mentally stimulated
- Understand why it is important to step out of your comfort zone
- Create next step plans for planning realistic life goals
You will need…your own pen.
Your tutor will supply...folders and handouts.
|Shrewsbury||The Gateway||TBC||9:30 – 12:00||12 weeks||The Gateway 01743 749077|
Shrewsbury, Oswestry & Bridgnorth
Rosemarie Sellers is a Mental Health and Wellbeing and Employability tutor who specialises in delivering programmes out in the Community in North Shropshire, particularly with young adults and for those who are long term unemployed. She also understands the challenges unemployment can bring as she made a major career change herself following a long period of unemployment herself.