NPTC Certified Courses for the Forestry Industry
This course consists of three modules:
- Maintenance of the Chainsaw
- On-Site Preparation and Cross-Cutting
- Felling of Small Trees up to 380mm (formerly CS30 and CS31 combined) and suitable for candidates with some experience.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Routine operator maintenance of the chainsaw
- Round timber cross-cutting techniques of pre-cut timber
- Felling techniques of trees up to 380mm diameter
- Take down of trees with the aid of hand tools
- Delimbing and snedding techniques
- Conversion and presentation of timber
Following the course, candidates will be assessed for NPTC Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting and Felling Trees up to 380mm. This is a practical assessment which will take place on a separate day. Tests are organised by NPTC to take place at College, however if you wish to reschedule this to take place on your own site, please advise at time of booking.
Candidates can progress on to Award in Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm diameter or on to Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-fall Techniques. Please note that candidates must also hold the Award in Accessing a Tree Using a Rope and Harness and Aerial Tree Rescue Operations in order to progress onto Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Freefall Techniques.
Duration: 5 days (plus additional ½ day for NPTC assessment)
Venue: Holme Lacy Campus
Time: 09:15 – 16:30
- 20th-24th February 2023
- 7th – 13th June 2023(NPTC assessment date TBC)
Fee: £920 including NPTC Assessment
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.