Herefordshire, Ludlow and North Shropshire College, awarded by Pearson.
Level: 4 & 5
Attendance: Part-time (evening)
Duration: 2 Years
Location: HLNSC – Hereford Campus
Application: HLC application form
This is a teacher educator programme designed for intending and practising teachers/trainers in further education and training, industry, adult and community education and public sector services. This qualification is for those with a full or part-time teaching role. Students achieving this Diploma can gain Qualified Teacher in Learning and Skills (QTLS) status after a period of professional formation. The programme aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for their own effective performance and professional development, enabling them to realise their own potential and that of their students in line with the professional standards for teachers in this sector.
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Inclusive Practice
- The Role of the Course and Personal Tutor
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Wider Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training
- Specialist Delivery
- Specialist Resources
Over the two years, participants will also undertake 100 hours of teaching practice and maintain a professional development portfolio.
Teaching practice is assessed with observations and a number of written tasks which underpin knowledge and understanding. The trainees have numerous opportunities to reflect on and develop their practice whilst producing their professional development portfolio.
This programme is available to anyone who teaches/trains young people (normally post 14) and adults, particularly:
- Practising full and part-time teachers/trainers within the broad field of education and training. This includes higher, further and adult education, leisure and youth workers, and training personnel in HM Forces.
- Intending teachers provided they are adequately qualified in the subject they wish to teach and can obtain practical teaching experience.
- Training personnel in industry, commerce and public services.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications on entry:
- Level 3 qualification in their vocational area
- Level 2 qualifications in English and maths
All applicants require a DBS to be in place.
Students can enter employment in the lifelong learning sector as a qualified teacher (QTLS) following professional formation.
Additional specialist modules are available to meet continuing professional development (CPD) requirements.
£3,200 per year – all fees are subject to change, please check with the relevant provider.
A Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this course and will incur an additional cost (£44 plus a yearly update service of £13 per year).