Learn to play guitar in a relaxed, informative, anecdotal, fun atmosphere. Learn songs which, as much as possible, you choose! You will learn how to hold the guitar correctly, learn the various parts and how to tune the strings.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to have:
- To enjoy playing songs in a variety of styles
- Chords of (major) C A G E D (minor) A D E (Dominant 7th) A E B D
- Scales of C, G, D major and A natural minor
- To play a variety of Rhythm (strumming) patterns in both 4/4 and ¾ time
- To play a finger style pattern
- To improvise and perform an accompaniment to a set chord sequence
You will need: A guitar, plectrum, tuner and music stand
The tutor will supply: All music sheets and email support.
About the tutor: Mike Ashford has been teaching Guitar for over 25 years. Since 1999 he has been teaching students in Shropshire of all ages and continue to work for Shropshire music service in schools and colleges.