Learn to play guitar in a relaxed, informative, anecdotal, fun atmosphere. Learn songs which, as much as possible, you choose!
Level: Improvers/Intermediate, a good knowledge of major, minor, dominant and major 7th chords along with the ability to read guitar tablature.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to have:
- To play a variety of Rhythm (strumming) patterns in both 4/4, 12/8, 6/8 and ¾ time
- The Introduction of Bar chords
- To play a finger-style pattern both set and improvised
- To improvise and perform an accompaniment to a set chord sequence using either strumming patterns or finger style
- Perform in ensemble style (separate parts for each player)
- To perform advanced techniques such as string bending, slides, hammer on/pull off, grace notes etc
You will need: A guitar, plectrum, tuner and music stand. It is recommended that the students purchase an electronic ‘clip on’ guitar tuner, these are inexpensive and easy to use. An electric guitar can do at this level but must bring a small amp preferably battery powered.
The tutor will supply: All music sheets and email support.
About the tutor: Mike Ashford has been teaching Guitar for over 25 years. Since 1999 he has been teaching students in Shropshire of all ages and continue to work for Shropshire music service in schools and colleges.