This practical course is designed for candidates who have completed the Introduction to Blacksmithing course and would like to progress and improve their blacksmithing skills further in a supportive environment. Candidates will work on their own project to create a collared double candle holder. The course will include:
- General forging
- Fullering and spreading materials
- Hole punching
- Making and filling of collars
- Dishing and shaping material
- Assembly of components
- Working to drawings
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be awarded with a College Certificate of Attendance. Candidates are able to progress onto further intermediate blacksmithing courses including Tong Making, Hanging Basket Bracket Making and Hammer Making.
Equipment and clothing
- Clothing needs to be fire resistant e.g. heavy cotton, not polyester. We recommend long sleeved shirt and trousers (jeans or work trousers preferred) that are wide and long enough to cover boot tops
- Steel toe capped/work boots
- Ear defenders or ear plugs (recommended)
- Overalls or leather apron (optional)
- Safety glasses
- Long hair must be tied up or under a hat
- If you have tools, please bring them or they can be borrowed
Duration: 3 days
Time: 09:30 – 16:30
- 22nd – 24th February 2023
- 31st May – 2nd June 2023
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.
How do I Apply
You can apply online, or call us on 0800 032 1986 to request an application form to be emailed or posted to you. Once we have received sufficient applications, we will request payment of the course fee. Receipt of your payment books your place on the course.