Course dates: TBC
Length of course: 8 weeks
Study mode: Tuesday evenings, 6:30 to 8:30pm
Venue: Hereford Campus, Folly Lane, Hereford, HR1 1lS
Are you an enthusiastic writer keen to take your skills to the next level? Do you want to write a novel or get serious about perfecting and publishing your short stories?
During this course you will:
- Explore plotting, descriptive writing, narrative structure and character creation in detail, with focused exercises and activities
- Get detailed advice about submitting work for publication
- Receive regular feedback on your work
- By the end of the course, you will have a detailed plan for a novel and outlines for your characters
- Get tips on books, guides and websites to continue learning and build confidence … and, hopefully, have fun!
Ideally you will either have completed the introductory course or will already have some knowledge of story plotting and creating fictional characters.
- Notebook or writing paper (laptops are fine too but some exercises will require paper and pen)
- Handouts will be given via email
- The tutor may also give you the option of using your own photos or pictures as writing prompts but will always bring some spares to the class in case you forget!
Tuition fee: £70.00 (this includes a charge for materials of £5.00)
Additional costs: N/A
N.B. These costs may be subject to change