Please note, this course is designed for the home/hobby chainsaw operator and is not a recognised certificate in industry.
This course is designed for people who own a chainsaw or are thinking of purchasing a chainsaw and would like to know the basics about chainsaw maintenance and operation. It is intended for the hobby chainsaw user in a domestic situation or leisure activity and not for those who intend to enter the forestry industry. Covers material under 200mm (8in) in diameter.
- Maintaining your chainsaw (including sharpening)
- Operator Safety, safety clothing, risk assessments
- Starting and operating your saw safely
- Round timber cross-cutting techniques of pre-cut timber up to guide bar length
Hobby users may progress on to a professional users maintenance and cross-cutting course.
Venue: Holme Lacy Campus
Duration: 1 day
- Saturday 18th March 2023 (FULL)
- Saturday 20th May 2023
- Saturday 17th June 2023
Time: 09:30 – 16:30
Please Note: Course fees are subject to change, please call 0800 032 1986 for the latest details.