Attendance: Full time (1 day per week)
Duration: One year
Location: HLC Hereford Campus and various outdoor venues
Application: HLC application form
The aim of the Higher National Certificate in Public Services in to facilitate learner development to enhance their career progression routes in the Public Service sector. Alongside widening access to Higher Education awards, this course also aims to facilitate the development of individuals personal and professional skills for potential direct entry into their chosen Public Service role. The programme has a broad range of modules to help prepare students for their future career whilst maintaining a variety of potential exit routes.
There are 8 associated modules linked to the HNC Public Service programme, these are aimed at developing learners’ knowledge base across key subject areas linked to the sector.
- Organisational Structures and Culture
- Mental Health and Well-Being
- Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- Crime Reduction and Community Safety
- Training for Fitness and Health
- Outdoor Skill Development
Assessment takes place using a variety of methods; essays, presentations, teaching assessments, practical performance assessments, external assessment, projects, group work, practical work experience and independent research.
- Successful completion of a full level 3 qualification and English and maths GCSE at Grade 9-4 (A-C).
- A Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this course and will incur an additional cost.
Opportunities to progress onto the Higher National Diploma (Level 5) in Public Services, entry to the second year of an associated University programme, or direct entry into the Public Service sector.
Every course has day-to-day costs for basic books, stationery, printing and photocopying. The amounts vary between courses.
There will be the opportunity to go on a variety of trips, these are optional and you will be expected to meet any costs.
A Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this course and will incur an additional cost (£44 plus a yearly update service of £13 per year).
Please note, all fees are subject to change.