Join us in overseeing Estates staff and facilities services across the College’s diverse multi-campus estate. Lead in Health and Safety compliance for Estates, manage contactors and minor projects, while providing support for capital projects and other estates initiatives.
This position will include responsibilities at Walford College, North Shropshire College, and The Gateway Education Centre in Shrewsbury. The successful applicant will have an office base at either Walford or Oswestry, and this is open for discussion at interview.
- Manage delivery of hard and soft facilities services across a diverse multi-campus estate, including modern and listed buildings, classrooms, vocational workshops, science labs, kitchens, sports facilities, nursery, learning resource centres, equestrian and animal management facilities, agricultural buildings and more.
- Manage estates staff, operations, and lead minor projects.
- Support major projects, capital works, and planned maintenance programmes.
- Lead in Health and Safety compliance for Estates assets, including statutory inspections and risk assessments.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), maintain technical documentation, and implement technology advancements.
Essential: Estates management experience, Health and Safety knowledge, managing contractors, people management, strong writing skills, IT proficiency, excellent record-keeping ability, a flexible approach, and willingness to work towards professional qualifications (e.g., NEBOSH).
Desirable: Degree or equivalent, facilities management qualification or membership (e.g., IWFM, IOSH), education sector experience, technical knowledge of plant equipment, experience in using facilities management software, budget management, and project management skills.
Other Requirements: Willingness to travel and work at other sites, flexible working hours, keyholder responsibility and valid driving license.
Further details including a full job description, person specification and application form are available from our website at https://hlnsc.ac.uk/about-hlnsc/job-vacancies/. Kindly note that all applications must be submitted using the College’s application form; CVs will not be accepted, although they can be included as supplemental information. We encourage applicants to provide sufficient detail demonstrating their ability to perform the job effectively.
For informal discussion, please contact Mitchell Gardner, Head of Estates and ICT via email@example.com.
A comprehensive package of employee benefits is in place including above-average holiday entitlement, eligibility to join a defined benefit pension scheme with excellent employer contributions of 20%, and death-in-service grant of 3 x salary.
HLNSC is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to Safer Recruitment procedures which include criminal convictions checks, barred from working with children checks and any necessary overseas checks.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2024 (9:00am)