We are seeking an hourly paid lecturer, ideally with experience of working in the health or care sector to deliver our short qualification courses for adults. This will include the Level 1 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care course and Level 2 Health and Social Care Award.
This post provides an excellent opportunity for either a qualified teacher, a graduate or a vocationally experienced professional interesting in pursuing a career as a health and social care teacher to join our successful college.
Main duties will include:
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessments, as well as provide support to students on adult learning programmes at Level 1 and 2.
- Deliver teaching and learning strategies to adult students using appropriate and engaging teaching and learning styles.
- Be involved in the design and development of high-quality teaching and learning material for the courses you delivery. Develop strategies for formative and summative assessments, and work with the awarding organisations assessment criteria.
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, assessment and classwork.
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience.
Please view the Job Description for further details.
The college can support unqualified applicants to pursue teacher training and gain the Award and/or Diploma in Education and Training.
HLNSC is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding including the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all members of staff to share this commitment.
For further information email email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 1st March, 2024.
Interview date: TBC