Here you will find information on everything to do with travel and transport to and from the College
Walford College has a bicycle parking shelter. If you are considering cycling to the College, please make sure that you wear a proper safety helmet.
If you need help planning your route visit the Travel Shropshire website which includes cycle maps and journey planning tool.
We offer subsided travel on all routes for the 23/24 academic year. Costs are based on how far you have to travel from your home to the College:
- Within 4 miles of the College – £450 per academic year
- Within 5-15 miles of the College – £550 per academic year
- Over 15 miles from the College – £650 per academic year
You can choose to pay in full or split the payment by term.
Travel is free on all routes where students are eligible for a travel bursary (visit HLNSC page on financial support).
Download a local bus timetable (PDF).
If you qualify for help towards full cost of travel please apply for your Bursary first in order to arrange your pass (visit HLNSC page on financial support.).
If you don’t qualify for free travel please fill in the Bus Pass Application Form and submit it to us along with a passport photo and initial payment. You can email it to email@example.com, send by post (no cash please) or deliver in person to Walford or North Shropshire College reception.
Families with a household income of £30,000 or less can apply for a College Bursary to help cover travel costs. Please complete the Bursary Application Form for your age group on the HLNSC financial support page.
For further information contact Student Services on 01691 688000.
- You must always carry it with you when you’re travelling by bus to/from College.
- You must show it to the driver when getting on the bus.
- The driver has the right to refuse you travel if you can’t show a valid pass.
- If you are paying termly for your bus, payment of the next termly instalment must be paid for in full before you receive your new pass.
- If you lose your bus pass you will be charged a £5 replacement fee.
Other travel passes and discounts
Students aged 16 to 18 who have an SY or TF9 postcode can purchase a pass directly from Shropshire Council. The cost of the pass is currently £875 and this can be paid in full or in three termly instalments. A reduced rate pass is also available for households receiving qualifying benefits. Contact Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9006 for further information or to check eligibility.
For students aged 19 or over, a travel pass can be purchased direct from NSC. Please call Student Services on 01691 688000 for further information.
If you have any transport queries, please contact Student Services on 01691 688000.
Travelling by car
There is parking available at Walford College, including 4 disabled parking spaces.