Tutor: Dianne Maitland
Course dates: TBC – please email email@example.com if you would like to register interest in this course.
Length of course: 6 weeks
Study mode: Tuesday evenings, 6:30- 8:30pm
Venue: Hereford Campus, Folly Lane, Hereford, HR1 1LS
A course to enable you to develop skills and confidence in basic cake decorating techniques required for making a range of celebration and party cakes. You will learn how to:
- How to make and use icings
- Pipe basic shells and scrolls
- Model simple top decorations
- Make flowers using sugar paste and cutters
- Pipe flowers using royal icing
- Create basic novelty designs using sugar paste with food colours and textures
No experience necessary
The items below will be required for the first lesson
- 6in round fruit cake
- 250g Renshaw flower and modelling paste
- 8in round cake drum board
- 500g Regalice roll out icing (Not ready rolled)
- 650g Marzipan white almond paste
- Icing sugar in a dredger (shaker)
- 6in thin cake board (can be purchased from the tutor)
- J clothes x 3
- Tea Towel
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Rolling pin
- Suitable box for transportation
- Notepad and pen
A few more items may need to be purchased during the course.
Tuition Fee: £60 (this includes a charge for additional materials of £10.00)
Additional costs: It may be necessary to purchase extra items during the course at your own expense. The materials listed above will be at your own expense.
NB: These fees may be subject to change
How do I Apply
Please apply online at www.hlcollege.ac.uk/apply or phone 0800 032 1986 for an application form.