It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at Earl Mortimer College in Leominster. The school is focused on providing a high level of education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. To apply, please click here: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000218967
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing IT support to school users – investigating computer problems, liaising with outside agencies for assistance if required
- Providing assistance to the IT team leader for the safe storage of computer equipment and software and to ensure adequate accessibility of resources
- Assisting the IT team to ensure a healthy, safe and productive work environment by routine maintenance of computer equipment
- Providing basic IT training and support for staff in their use of IT
- Being responsible for virus checking/diagnosis/updating and learning how to carry out basic fault diagnosis
- Recording changes and monitoring passwords, printer credits and the installation of software, system upgrades and fault diagnosis
- Attending training courses deemed appropriate to the post and for the professional development of the technician
Being familiar with and acting in accordance with the data protection act and software licensing legislation
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4/C or above) desirable
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This post could lead to future employment for the right candidate
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information and Communication Technician
- This will also include functional skills if required
- End point assessment
- Certificate of completion of the standard
- You may have to attend formal college sessions (if English & maths are required)
- You will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours related to the apprenticeship standard
Information Communication Technician L3 Apprenticeship Standard
About the Employer
The school is focused on providing a high level of education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. Earl Mortimer College’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
Link to apply https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000218967https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/1000218967
Please contact County Training for further information.
0345 678 9023